Saturday, December 5, 2015

Logo Process


                                The first step of the logo designing process involved interviewing someone about their logo designing process. I interviewed Sydney Weeks on what she wanted her logo to be.
 For the second part of the designing process I started with some basic sketches of what I envisioned my logo to look like. The process was a little difficult since my sketches were not exceeding my expectations. The sketching process took about an hour but in the end it was worth the struggle.




The next part of my process included making my sketches come to life. As I was making this I realized that my design looked really bland and dull. I knew that the next thing I needed to do was add color and make it more appealing/ personal.


    As I was getting more inspiration I created different types of logos with different fonts, shapes, and colors.




At the end of the day I came up with this logo. During critiques I was told to incorporate the flowers which symbolize Kansas (where we live) into my design of my name with a line.
After 3 weeks I came up with this as my final logo design. The flowers were put into the end of the line to symbolize where I live. I used skintone colors because I like the simplicity of it and it's very modern which represents who I am. I used my name in all capitals to show that I'm confident, outgoing, etc... My logo speaks for who I am.


        During my meeting with Lofquist, we talked about my Meyer's Briggs results (ESFJ) and we talked about what my strengths were. I learned through observation that I work best with the people close to me and the people that I come in contact with. The factors that I exceed in the most include Communication and Leadership! Through out this semester I learned that I do well with time management and that I have improved immensely with my technical skills.




No comments:

Post a Comment