Monday, September 29, 2014

Personal Logo


During the process of making my personal logo there were a lot of things that I had changed based off of my sketches to make it look more unique. My sketches were completely different than my actual logo because once I started playing around on illustrator I got some new ideas and created a brand new logo. I tried to make a logo that almost looked like the Target logo until a new idea sparked in my head. A couple of key items that I had changed were the shape, size, color, and font style. Something I changed about the shape of my logo were the ends of the stars. I didn't just want to make it a plain star with my initials in it but instead I just wanted to add my own "twist" to it. Another key item that I changed about my logo was the size of it. I didn't want the font on the inside of the star to come out of the star so I sized it to fit the shape of the star. During this designing process I could have picked any colors but the reason I picked this orange/yellow color was because it almost looked unique and not many people would use it. Last but not least of the designing process I picked the font for my initials. I designed to go with the font called "Zapfino." I really like the cursive detail of the font and thought it went well with my design. Overall I really liked this designing process to make my logo look more unique.



1 comment:

  1. Nice job explaining your creative process. We will get to revisit this logo again at the end of the year. Some things to think about might be the feeling of a hook on some of your "swirls". Your idea about being able to out a "twist" on ideas is perfect.

    ReplyDelete