Wednesday, May 20, 2015

DubFresh In The Making


        The product we have created is called DubFresh. DubFresh is a toothbrush that plays music while you brush your teeth. What makes our product so much more unique than many others is that it incorporates the pause, play, rewind, and forward buttons which lets the customer play any song at the speed or parts they would like. Did we mention that our toothbrush is also waterproof? DubFresh is such a great product for our target audience (teens) to use that promotes great dental hygiene in a fun way! The main roles that I took on during this project is the Animator, the Graphic Designer (ad), the Typographer, and the actress in the commercial.

Animation



        Taking on the role of the animator was such an important task. In the animation we had to be able to show every part of the setting in which our product is at. I used a software called SketchUp to be able to represent our product in its appropriate setting. The setting of the bathroom was chosen because it is the most appropriate place you would use a toothbrush. Some problems I came across were being able to capture the whole scene. I learned how to use the 'add scenes' button and also how to capture the most important scenes.

Graphic Design



       I also took on the role of the Graphic Designer. I used a software called Illustrator to create the ad for DubFresh. I wanted to incorporate the unique play buttons on the side like on the toothbrush. There are so many different aspects of Graphic Designing and Illustrator that I have learned. Some of the different techniques I have learned is the aligning buttons to align the text with the picture. Also, I have learned the option, shift, drag technique which helps me copy and align different pictures. Some problems I came across were keeping the play buttons in the same line. I fixed this problem by using the option, shift, drag technique!
Animation

                                      


       In the Animation rotation I also took the role of being the typographer. For the font I wanted to involve the color scheme of the toothbrush which was purple, blue, and green. The font symbolizes a fun aspect and the blue incorporates the color of the toothbrush. I wanted to make the font very simple as making it to drastic take away the audiences attention of the actual toothbrush. I also made the slogan all lowercase because of how it appeals to a more younger audience and drags in there attention because of how it doesn't look to professional and has a child-like touch to it.

Video



       In the Video Rotation I took on the role of being the actress. The concept of the video focuses on the everyday life of a teenager and his mother trying to get him to brush his teeth. She presents DubFresh to her kid and tells him that it plays music which grasps his interest. He tries out the toothbrush and realizes he really likes it. Some of the struggles I went through in the Video rotation was being able to edit the video and not making it look like a jump cut. Also, picking when to start the music was a little difficult since it had to show that the toothbrush playing the music. I fixed this problem by adding the music when the boy was brushing his teeth and letting it play at the end of the video. In the original video presented our logo was shown at the end. I learned different aspects of Video using the software Final Cut Pro. Overall video was such a great experience!


Summary

        Overall the experience was wonderful. It really helped me learn about presenting and how to work together in a team. Some requirements needed were your Meyers-Briggs results and your animal results. My letters were ESFJ and my animal was a Lion. I mainly took on the leadership role by trying to gather the team and make sure we were on track. As apart of the team contract we all promised to contribute something to this project in which we successfully did. Next time we should all make sure that we ask for help if something is going wrong otherwise we will get off track.


No comments:

Post a Comment