Thursday, May 19, 2016

2016 Final Reflection (GD)


                       Graphic Design has really opened my eyes to the world of design. The progress that I have made from the beginning of the year to now is incredible to think back to. I was struggling to remember how to work Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and I had to play around with it multiple of times to finally remember how it worked.  I learned about setting goals, meeting the client’s needs, time management, project management, and much more through out my year in Graphic Design. I learned about all of this through the 5 guarantees: technical skills, communication, collaboration, leadership, and management.

            I learned about all of this from Ms. Lofquist, but not just from Ms. Lofquist. I got some major help from my close friends in this class.  One major thing that I have learned about in this class is friendship. Sydney and Alyssa have been some of my best friends in the class. We all have collaborated together on different projects and created some really unique products and projects. I walked into this class knowing only Alyssa and I didn’t even know who Sydney was until she talked to me on the first day and I’m glad that all of us are close friends now. (God Bless that I had them in class).

            All of these skills that I have learned will definitely help me out in the future.  These skills are something that you need in your every day life for and every job that you have.  In your everyday life you see design. Design is what makes this world so pretty and unique. Every time I go somewhere I always take note of the graphic designing on building logos, or on a website. I’m thankful for how much I’ve learned in this class like the elements of designs, and typography, because it has helped me created individual projects on my own time.

            My greatest strengths are project management, collaboration, and leadership. I have always been in class, making use of time in class, etc… My weaknesses include gaining inspiration. This was one of my weaknesses because I wanted to make something unique and original but I soon realized you could still do that by finding something that you can recreate and make unique. I have improved SOOO much from the beginning of the year to the end. My technical skills, and my leadership skills have improved a significant amount and that is something I am extremely proud of.

            I am going to take everything that I have learned about what it takes to make a good logo design and apply it to my real life. I am hoping to make a logo for my dad’s business or another baby shower card for someone. I will be thinking about Graphic Design in my everyday life.

            I would probably change how we got information at the beginning of each project. We should have all the information put up on a board for everyone to look at and reference. The tutorials that we watched helped us all immensely! Thanks Lofquist! Other than that I don’t think that I would change anything. This year went by great since we had an awesome teacher named Ms. Lofquist!


            Overall, I think that I should get an A in this class since I have worked really hard on every project that we have done, I have met the clients needs, and if this was a real job I would definitely get a raise. I am always here in class and I am always making use of my time. This has been such a fun year, especially all of our inside jokes. Thanks for a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment